Noelie traumatized that our picture taking was getting in the way of her candy collecting
Eli kept spitting up so we introduced him as a puppy with rabies:) -Mad Dog
Rock n Rollaids
Sweet Minnie
My black tooth compliments of photoshop as I couldn't figure out how to do it without risking permanent implications:)So Jason and I decided to dress up last minute since this may be the last year we can dress up and Noelie not know enough to be embarrassed of us! Noelie was Minnie - this was her costume from last year that she never wore because we decided last minute to go to Florida instead of stay here and trick or treat. She is really into the Little Mermaid right now and we almost had a crisis this morning when she saw Ariel on tv and realized she didn't have that costume but I talked her down. Now I can move onto negotiating hostages because trust me - if ya can talk a 3 yr old down from being a mermaid, you can work miracles!
Eli was a puppy as he had the hat for the cold days we had earlier this week and I couldn't bear to put him in a thick furry outfit when it was hot out. So the furriness was left to his head. He generates enough heat with his 'insulation' of chub so we felt no need to add to that.
As for Jason and I can you guess what we are? For Jason here's a hint: I'm the prince of frickin darkness and you have blasted bubbles in my stage show (think mumbling British accent). For me: I say no, no, no (in British accent as well)- the knocking on the British thing was not intentional (so don't think we're bashing you Auntie H). It just was a culmination of a last minute effort to gather a costume from picked over shelves at Target and Walgreens. I must say for a $10 wig and $5 fake tattoo sleeves it's a pretty decent transformation...just too bad my rhinestone sticker fell off of my upper lip so I couldn't sport a piercing as well.... oh well.
If it's not obvious from the shabby costumes we're so impressed with ourselves over, Jason and I were not raised big Halloween people. My family resorted to old recital costumes (usually from my cousin Cindy - ps loved the Swiss girl outfit from the 3rd grade still) and Jason's family... break out the hankies...well, they had four kids and he loves to lament about how they only could afford the masks to costumes and had to improvise the rest... Hence, the mentally scarring day he had to show up to school in a fabulous skeleton mask but only a black hefty bag with masking tape on it to appear as bones... Rick and Kathy, if only poor Jason could've had the store bought skeleton suit he may have beat out Gates in the invention of MicroSoft.
No comments:
Post a Comment