Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Fun

Eli's favorite spot on the splash pad. Hilarious!

Noelie, a little embarrassed of her brother, trying to relocate him but forgetting he outweighs her.


We've been so busy this summer and for no good reason! No luxurious vacations planned, etc. just the hustle and bustle of everyday life with two little ones and no school in summer and the day-to-day j-o-b.

We were very fortunate to have my cousin Eggie join us for a few weeks to help out. It was nice to have her around as I feel like I suddenly looked up and she went from Noelie's age to driving! Even better is that she told me in conversation one day that she thought someone was around my age... so I asked "and how old is that"... she says "ya, know, 28!" GOD BLESS YOU, my godchild! We spent a lot of time going to the Y where she was drug to some of my regular classes - or regular abuse. We made lofty goals of maybe doing the half marathon next year... we'll see next year if we'll be eating those words!

Eli is getting bigger. Shocking. It seems every time I go to get him out of the crib he is heavier to get out than the day before.

Monday, I was particularly bummed as it was the first full day without my Eggie to help out. Eli woke up a little later than usual, I was happy to have the extra half hour to sleep in until he did wake and I went to get him... let's just say in my experience as a parent I never imagined my gag reflexes to be tested to such extreme. Before my eyes, I learned Eli learned to remove his diaper. And in said diaper was a stink bomb and then I guess Eli decided to go Rembrant on me. I'll leave the rest to your imagination as I'm sure it's what you are thinking. Sh*t everywhere! (I think I almost am going to gag again thinking about it... ya know when you hit the door and you smell something foul, it's gonna be bad!)

On a more positive note, Eli is really taking to chatting it up even if we can't understand most of it. And have I told you about the shrill heard round the world. Oh, yeah, the boy could shatter glass I'm pretty sure.

Noelie is ready for school to start. I think she's getting bored with me! She misses her visitor even though she sported a little 'tude when she was here.

Oh, and I got a little girl's shopping trip in last weekend. Fab-u-lous! Great to see some of my girls in a kid free environment even though it took me two days of benedryl to get past my unexpected kitty run in. I am always so careful when visiting some one's house, never did I imagine when going to a fine decor place that they'd have a pet cat! Ugh, don't get me started! Anyway, I at least caught it in time and avoided another ER visit. Even managed to champion on for more shopping... even if it's all a little hazy.

1 comment:

Holley Hogden Cahal said...

omg Jenn...i feel your pain! So glad mine are out of the diaper stage! thanks for the laugh...
Holley