Noelie and her BFF de jour
Attempt to get both Noelie and Eli in a pic at school... Looks like Eli is plotting his escape
Noelie and Eli before school all nice and clean - notice there is no 'after picture. Also notice the subliminal message coming from the screen behind them... Hey, guess I was unknowingly trying to insert some of my marketing skills in them before the big day.Noelie and Eli started school on Aug 31 and this is the first chance I've had to sit down and write since then. First things first, Noelie is about as much of a morning person as her mommy - which is not. I have become more adjusted in my adult life but I still grumble when the alarm (Eli) goes off. Someone should really invent a snooze button for babies... particularly one with a remote since a staircase is between us.
Noelie did good with her first day and loves her teachers. We decided to not do gymnastics after school this year as Noelie decided she wanted to focus on her dance training;)She has picked up all kinds of new things this year already on the social front..."___is my best friend." (changes daily) "Check this out." "I'm not your friend" (when she's ticked off) - hey, they can't all be cute things, right!
Eli is still 'adjusting' to the two days a week he goes to school. I know the true meaning of twisting the knife in my heart when I drop him off. He goes for a full display of drama. I always drop him first then Noelie since she's just one classroom away, then peek back in when I'm on my way out. Remarkably, he's just fine within that three minute time frame. Fridays is just he and his mommy as sister is at school that day and I call it my monkey time. He is so happy to not have to fight off his sister he hangs on my lap with both arms around me like a monkey hanging on a tree. It is so funny! I cherish this time as he has gotten more and more independent and less his squishy snugglie self these days.
Funny thing is that after one day - of course he was cold busted on the not walking yet - the teachers asked if I could please leave the stroller to make him 'easier to transport': translation - your baby is breakin my back. Welcome to my world ladies! Welcome to my world... (Now ya know why I insisted on his enrollment so soon!)
And of course with all this school fun comes the not so much fun... we were taken down with the stomach virus this week. First Eli, then mommy, then Noelie... then Daddy ran like he** to work the next day to avoid us! LOL!
In 'other goings on' we made the trek to Orange two weeks in a row earlier this month. One Sunday for my cousin Brooke's baby shower and the next for my Grandma Allen's 90th bday. Let me just say the birthday girl had quite the turnout! My dear MawMaw - not to be confused with your average 90 year old - still has quite the spunk in her. She vowed to us for her 90th bday she wanted to strip to her birthday suit and dance around and since she can't stand well (she's been pretty much bed ridden since Jason and I got married) she may need a pole! Yep, you read that right! Don't worry there are no photos to go with this story and Granny made it through the party with her bed jacket buttoned to the top, but ya gotta admire her spirit! I am looking for anyone who has the g rated photos to send them to me and I'll post.
Also one of those days we were in town we went to visit my MawMaw Edna in her new place of residence... my aunt's house! She is really loving her room they fixed up for her. We miss her here but we know she's glad to be back in her hometown.
Lastly, I am a little amazed at how many people are reading this blog. I don't get many comments so I sometimes think I'm just writing it to keep as a journal for our household. I got an idea from a friend's blog (Thanks Angie and Gabby) that you can put a free counter and have been amazed that we've had so many hits. And now I'm going through my mental database hoping I haven't said anything offensive thinking it was just us Ellestads looking at things! Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying it and now that I know it's actually being read by friends and family, will try to post more often and bring my good camera for pictures... ok, most days I'm doing good to remember both children but I'll try....
2 comments:
jenn next time u are in orange i would love to see u for a quick lunch or drink...i know when u come to the fruit ur time is short and hectic...but maybe we could get together one time...love and miss ya!!!
You're welcome :)
Yes, a counter makes it more fun b/c you suddenly realize you have an audience.
I, personally, like reading your blog b/c I think you are super funny!! Love all the new pics! Keep it up :)
Post a Comment