Well, I am writing after sending sweet Noelie off to her first day if big school. No tears yet on either of our parts. We are walkers... thanks to CFISD determining we are too close for bus service (yet somehow we don't pay less taxes). Good news is we arrived all in one piece. Noelie got to walk with her neighbors which are 5th graders... she's pretty cool getting to hang with the older girls already:) I did get to walk her inside today but after that she goes in that 'walker' door - at the opposite end of the school from her class - and she's on her own... so maybe I'll cry tomorrow. The day is still young... there's still time for tears today I guess.
She's the smallest one in her class but I saw a little girl in the other class smaller than her. She has met one other little girl from the neighborhood that happened to be in her same class as well. Then, of course, she's assigned a table and next to her sits a little boy named Aidan (Noelie has fond memories of that name from her PreK class as you can tell from previous posts about a marriage proposal) and then the girl that sits accross from her looks like a third grader. Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment