Noelie started gymnastics in the fall and loves it. I found a class opening at the same time for Eli in a different class a few months after and it's worked out beautifully. For a girl that started scared to do a front roll she is now mastering a cartwheel and round off and loves being spotted in back handsprings. She is not afraid to go for it and I love that because that is one quality I never had. Eli's class is for toddlers and helps develop motor skills. It has been wonderful for him. He has met a few friends a long the way and is getting better about following directions. We started by having a coach having to walk him through the entire obstacle courses to now where he is nearly doing it all on his own from verbal cues and one demonstration. Selfishly, I also love the fact that this is an air conditioned sport... I'll be high-fiving myself come summer.
Eli also started a new therapy that utilizes horses. (Noelie is jealous about this one.) I was admittedly skeptical at first although the research proves marked improvements with some kids once they've participated. It's been just over a month and coincidence or not he is making small strides in his expressive language. Everyday, mid-day I transfer him from one school to the next. He eats lunch in the car between places as I ask 20 questions. How was your day? Did you have fun? How's your lunch? Was it good? Never a peep from the back seat. I figure no complaints so I shouldn't complain. Well, last week I got to the How's your lunch, was it yummy? part of my questioning and he said, "Yep, it was yummy." I nearly wrecked. Happiness doesn't even begin to explain. Really.
So much has changed over the past year it is hard to wrap my head around it, but I really wouldn't have it another way. We have been through it for sure, but with all the struggles and trials we have come out with something called progress. I have also come out with something called appreciation for the little things. I would call it stop to smell the roses but we all know my allergies are far too gnarly to say such a thing:) When you go through struggles you learn a lot about yourself. You learn a lot about the people around you and the ones that are not. We had so much change moving here and then all that's happened since we've moved here and it's so bizarre it's been almost two years. But what I've realized as it was all a blessing really. We have been so fortunate to 'happen upon' such great people. And all is good!
Now gearing up for summer and birthday season! Let's hope all stays good:)
Eli enjoying an evening at Disney at Christmastime.
Princesses
Kids with their favorite - Minnie!
Trying to pretend to be happy for my brother while I watch him on the horse:)
Eli and his new favorite place - Inspiration Ranch





No comments:
Post a Comment