Well, this week marked my scheduled doctor's office visit and as luck would have it I went into early labor right there in the waiting room. So I have been ordered to bedrest the next two weeks. You'd think it would be enjoyable, but it's really frustrating. The plan is that they at least get 2 more weeks out of me before letting Eli make his entrance (which would still make it a month before my 'scheduled' due date). Regardless he should be fine, it's just the longer he bakes in the oven the better it is for him. My doctor, God bless her, really is doing everything she can to make sure Eli gets to go home when I do and not have to spend time in the NICU.
A funny fact is that boys - more specifically white boys - are statistically lazier about doing things on their own that would let them out of the NICU (like say, oh, breathing on their own)so the idea is to avoid him being there in the first place and try for everything to be fully developed and in full functioning order before he enters the world. Those lazy white boys! As for the bedrest it's only been a few days and I'm already whining about it, but in the grand scheme of things it's a short term problem with a great pay off as far as Eli's health goes. Plus, with Noelie, I was on bedrest for over two MONTHS so two weeks is not such a biggie other than Noelie is not here as much and I miss her like crazy. (MiMi and PawPaw do allow me visitation:)
As mentioned, Noelie has been spending time during the week with her MiMi and PawPaw. From what I hear she is charming the neighbors, most or all of them have no children or children grown and out of the house. She and Paw Paw are taking swim lessons twice a week so that's guaranteed pool time for her and she loves that! Her first swim lesson yesterday was after she went to dinner with many of the neighbors and after dinner ALL of the group went to watch her lesson. Good thing they have a nice big water park where my parents live!
No comments:
Post a Comment