Thursday, August 28, 2008

Very important day for Noelie

Today we went and met Noelie's preschool teachers and after a little bit of nerves she really enjoyed it... they were nice ladies... yada yada...BUT more importantly, we went to go purchase Noelie's first pair of ballet slippers and leotard! This is a monumental occassion for a girl, and her mommy who spent 16 years in pink slippers going to ballet class every week. She'll be starting in two weeks (they'll be doing tap dance too, which I can hear the click clacking on my hardwood floors already... the two dance disciplines came together, so I had no choice on the tap thing). We went in to sign up in the cafeteria and they had a big screen up with video of last year's class during their recital in their big glittery costumes (which by the way were gold and hideous, so I hope that's not what we have again this year). She was shaking with excitement. So cute! Probably due to the fact we've been building this up to bribe her to use the toilet all summer... hey, ya do what ya can!

She'll also be taking gymnastics class. Since she has little fear factor and spends most days giving me near heart failure from diving off furniture, I thought at least maybe we can 'hone' those things and she can learn to dive off the furniture in a more proper, less head splitting manner.

She's allergic to mosquitoes and got a few bites earlier in the week ( they swell up and turn purple). Even better they were right around her eye so it looked like a shiner so I'm sure all her new teachers think she's been beaten or something. Nothing like a good first impression. Ha!

Eli goes for his check up next week. Stay tuned for the weigh in. I'm sure it's going to be significant:)

No comments: