After travelling to Orange last week to visit the family we could get with and attend my minister's retirement party, we had a nice quiet Turkey Day...in Houston! We had the Frey clan come visit us and we also were able to spring Maw Maw Sanders from the retirement home for the day (I think she was way ready to go back when we returned her).
Somewhere between letting the cousins play with the kids and digesting my mom's fabulous dressing I began to look at all the sale papers. Then checked some online deals and, well what came of this is likely the absolute worst idea I've had in a long time. Midnight Madness! I had the fever and I had it bad.
All along I thought the Madness referred to the few crazy people that would go shopping instead of go to bed. Was I wrong. We decided to focus on the Premium Outlet just built by my mom's. We consists of my victims that I persuaded to come along - Aunt Terri, Meggie and my mom... Jason decided it be best to stay home while the kids were sleeping... smart man, my husband. Our first sign of disaster should have been the brake lights that were appearing just as we were turning onto 290 - ten minutes from the exit to the outlet. Folks getting a jump on holiday traffic I thought, perhaps someone who had too much whiskey had a crash. Nope! All of it to go to the outlet. We expected some few hundred people there. Well there were about 300 in the Banana Republic store alone! Half price off of the entire store and they will come.
After finding a few things to try on - as I was mainly shopping for myself - I decided to head to the dressing room. Line about 20 people long. After standing there 20 minutes and barely moving I realized I could not stand still much longer as I was about to fall asleep standing straight up. Then I realized if I actually liked anything I would have to stand in line to check out that was about 5 times longer than the dressing room line. White flag, I gave up!
Not wanting to go home empty handed and in shame, I championed on to Ann Taylor where there were some decent deals and not near the crowd. I felt I would make a complete arse out of myself if I didn't come home with a thing.
Moral of the story - NEVER AGAIN. (And I need to not have much downtime so more ignorant schemes enter my brain - and maybe my new vitamins are giving me a wee too much of an energy boost).
As I stumbled in at nearly 3 am - stumbled from exhaustion not from what I'd be stumbling in from back in the college days - there was Noelie waiting up for me. She had crashed on our way home from dinner and I guess just thought it was a nap (and we also compared notes and realized she had been sneaking cookies all day). It took another hour or two to get her settled so, needless to say, I spent Friday way hung over!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment