Thursday, December 4, 2008

Snow storm's a comin'





Finally, some consistent cool weather! Nothing peeves me more than having to wear shorts for Christmas. Also due to the fact now the kids have 'Christmas outfits' which are made of winter fabric like sweaters and velvet and not - say - chiffon. Nothing worse than a thick turtleneck on a child in 75 degree weather!

Tomorrow we will be partaking in a snow park compliments of a snow machine at the Bridgelands - mom and dad's hood. Hope to get a good picture for Christmas cards... and likely the only chance we'll ever have to get the pictures with the snow backdrop unless we go to the snow!

Noelie is really growing up to be a little girl. Just today she has sprung a new word on us - and thank Goodness not of the cursing variety (see the Happy Thanksgiving greeting previously written about). "Fashions". Not clothes, outfit, shirt but "fashions". As in "look at those dolls, aren't they wearing cute fashions?"

She is also really into Christmas this year which is great fun. Plus I am getting tons of discipline mileage out of the Santa is watching you threat. After Christmas I guess I'm screwed or will have to come up with something else. Oh, and how creative I've become with the "Santa Claus is coming to town" song. He's seeing when she does anything wrong!

Just today the door bell rang and through the leaded glass door she could make out a red outfit (or fashions). She starting screaming, "Santa, Santa." Well, much to her disappointment there appeared a skinny courier delivering something for my business. No fat man with a beard.

Also, speaking of Christmas, I am trying to teach Noelie about the nativity and baby Jesus but when I point him out she either says it's Eli or Noelie when she was a baby. Need to work on this one...

Eli is now 5 months old! Time flies! He is just a happy little dude. He has the most sincere smile and isn't very stingy with it at all. I have noticed he's also becoming a little of a mama's boy. He does ok with others, but I can't be in the room. He still isn't rolling much (well, not rolling over on the floor that is... he's still rolling over his pants quite nicely). He is a strong little guy though and loves to sit up with a little help and when he grabs our hands can pull himself up to sitting and standing. We spent so much time trying to keep him propped due to the acid reflux that now I think he's just not too keen on laying flat and trying to get some exercise in the rolling over department.

Jason's doing well. He took vacation days for an entire week for Thanksgiving so that was good to have some quality family time! We also managed to get some Christmas decorations up and a new tree. We won't be displaying the 'village' this time as we're still trying to get some things together from the hurricane move(s).

Pictures to come from the snow event...

No comments: