

Well, it's official. It's a boy (he was camera shy about showing his face but not so shy about waving his "parts" about to let us know it's a boy). We are expecting Eli this summer. (see pic... he's giving us the thumb's up!)
Due to this news I realize I have a lot of shopping to do. No complaints here!
When we had the ultrasound mid February, Jason was in the waiting room patiently -- well waiting (ha!) -- with my mom while I was being "prepped". He had resolved to the fact that it was another girl and he was going to be overtaken by all the estrogen in the house. Needless to say when the ultrasound lady said, "Dad, the playing field just got even. It's a boy, " there was no holding him back. I thought he was going to put his head through the tile ceiling (I know all about the ceiling as that was all I could see at this point) and pumping his fist with a resounding YES, YES! (As the ultrasound lady ducked for cover and pleaded with him to be careful of my stomach which was stuck in the middle of all this fist pumping celebration). See the plastered smile above - part complete excitement and part contemplation on what he should be nervous about with having a teenage boy:)When we found out my first pregnancy was a girl he immediatly stated his concern about her dating... I was just four months pregnant with Noelie. I told him not to fear he had 30 years to figure it out.
Noelie was under the weather and had to miss the trip this time. We'll be getting another ultrasound at 32 weeks so she'll get another shot to see Eli in 3D before he arrives... let me tell ya 3D at this stage probably would have freaked her out! It's a little alien like at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment