Monday, February 16, 2009

A special day for Eli





Sunday was a wonderful day for my little Eli as he was baptized on our 6th wedding anniversary. Pastor Trammell, who we adore, did the honors and even took Eli down the aisle to show him off to the congregation and mentioned his 'healthy' stature.

We were very blessed to have many of our family and friends to witness this special occasion. We filled three pews... quite impressive:) As Methodists, Godparents are not necessarily part of the baptism and since we felt we were surrounded by so many loved ones that cared enough for our little one to be apart of this day that we are well covered in the 'spiritual upbringing' department.

Noelie managed to sneak her pink sparklie purse up to the alter with us which was quite funny as all I heard from the congregation was 'purse' and giggles. The girl had on a beautiful red dress and although her purse was pink, it thematically went with the Valentine weekend theme which I am sure was her thought process when selecting an accessory!

Afterwards we had about 30 people over for lunch which was delicious thanks to my mom! My guests I'm sure were equally thankful that my mom took over the menu as I portray no illusion that I am a master chef or worthy of being a short order cook.

Not far from our thoughts were our loved ones that could not join us to celebrate an all and all wonderful day. For our elderly loved ones (and those that care for these loved ones) and those who have passed on but are not forgotten... you were missed but we know you were with us in spirit.

The interesting part was for the first time in the three years we've lived here I fell down the stairs just before going to the church. A nice dress and high heels, which is not part of my everyday attire since I work from home, seems to be the culprit. Luckily we have a landing midway through the stairway... now I know why they label it landing. The funny thing is that I have the whitest legs in the Western Hemisphere and I now had carpet burn from my ankles to my knees.. lovely... and my dear husband and brother didn't want to wait on me to change (MEN!) and tried to assure me that it wasn't noticeable. Right... In complete mommy fashion I just popped some Advil, changed and tried not to think about my pants sticking to my boo boos. (And it also helped I found something to spike my punch at the after party!)

Pictures to be posted this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too cute Jenn...he is starting to look like Noelie!