Sunday, April 5, 2009

Foxy Roxy - We sure will miss you


Today was not good as we lost a furry member of our family. If you saw in previous posts Foxy had been attacked by what we believe was a raccoon. She had a pretty big surgery and did okay but ultimately the infection was spread too much too fast and the wounds kept getting worse and coming up in different areas.

I've always heard the expression ' you look like your dog just died,' and now I really know the meaning behind it. It's awful. Jason and I have lost pets in the past when we were younger but this was particularly hard as we had Foxy for over seven years. She and Sgt. were our kids before we had actual children of our own.

She was so beautiful and protective and had a little attitude to boot! Blonde and beautiful~ I'll never forget when we went to 'look' at dogs and ended up with two. I picked her from the start. She came up and licked my diamond engagement ring... I knew she was a keeper if even as a young pup she knew diamonds were a girl's best friend.

Noelie is luckily too young to ask too many questions but loves her puppies so much. And Sergeant has been with Foxy from the beginning I know he'll miss his partner in crime.

Much love to you Foxy Roxy Ellestad!

1 comment:

Angie Holt said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine losing one of my babies and to such an unfortunate accident. Thinking of you all.