Thursday, April 2, 2009

Busy week

It's been kind of hectic the past few weeks. It started with our biggest event in a year for work. We hosted all of the mayoral candidates and had a good turn out. I was mucho nervous because it was at a new venue but it worked out well.

And of course Eli still has that allergy thing going on. I took him to the doctor again on Monday and they increased his inhaler but still no antibiotic... we shall see.

Saturday we had a tad dabble of drama as my dog Foxy Roxy (she's a Pomeranian) was viciously attacked by another animal... and no, not Sergeant. Jason and Noelie had ran to the hardware store down the street while I was running the roads with Eli. When we all met back at the house about 3 pm Foxy came up and had two large chunks of fur missing from her fluffy coat... I could fit my whole hand in it... if I had wanted to actually touch it.... which I didn't. Alot of her flesh was torn and minor bleeding but she wasn't crying. We couldn't figure out what the heck happened thinking maybe she was burned by the grease dripping from the grill. We called the vet and they couldn't take us until Sunday and by then she wasn't even walking. After much investigating they told us she had been attacked and the extent was worse than they thought. There were also deep puncture wounds on her abdomen. Ironically, the same vet that had been preaching to us that she was too fat all these years told us that actually her extra junk in the trunk is what saved her as the cuts were almost to major organs. To make things worse infection had already set in.

So she had surgery and returned home Monday night. She seems to be doing well despite how she looks. They had to shave a big strip to do the surgery and has so many staples it looks like she has a foot long zipper from her right leg across her back. Ugh, doesn't begin to describe it... hoping she feels better than she looks. In the mean time I have been vegetarian ever since seeing all that.

She goes back to the doctor tonight.... stay tuned for the gory details.

On lighter note, Noelie got to go see the baby giraffe at the zoo today with her MiMi and PawPaw. Pics to come... (talk about a bad transition).

No comments: