Well long time no post. This summer brought many things but mostly it brought a little chaos. We packed up our house in Northwest Houston and headed to The Woodlands. It was something we toyed with for a while but finally decided to take the leap... and the low interest rates helped;) We said goodbye to friends and sweet neighbors... besides the neighbor that when we were moving out asked if we were the new neighbors. We'd only lived there five years. Glad we made such an impact. Haha.
We have seen our children into another year and remarkably they are mostly in one piece. Noelie celebrated her birthday at Itz! with her friends as she said goodbye to most of them. I will post pictures as soon as I can find what I did with them... joys of moving. We won't mention too much on Eli's birthday for one very good reason. We didn't do much of a 'to do'. The timing of the move didn't work well with his birthday and the drought conditions didn't allow for any fireworks, so we had a quiet party at home with my parents... and a few other mini celebrations to warrent cupcakes to make up for our guilt of not having an official party. We are well aware next year we will not be able to get away with that. He still got gifts so he was all good!
August brought a new school for the kids. I am happy to say after a little reluctance, they are fitting right in. We also have bus service for Noelie which is nice. She actually likes it, I know that will not last forever so I'm sticking her on the yellow dog as much as I can while there's no squawking.
We moved to a culdesac and our street is full of children the same age as mine. They can play for hours on their bikes and not worry about being steamrolled like before when we lived on the main boulevard. That in itself was a really good move for them. I know the names of at least five of my neighbors, which is an improvement from the last place (see said impact in first paragraph). Check back on this post in the next few days as I'm sure pictures will eventually unearth.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment